Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday night Brain dump

1. The "stomach bug" that is going around has struck our house.  Let me clarify.  This is not a "bug" that causes a little rumble and leaves you running to the bathroom a few times.  This is a man- (and woman and little girl) hating body infestation that leaves all that cross it's path, praying to God that they never see it again.  I cannot state enough how I hope no one else I know get's this horrible, wretched body infestation. 

Elizabeth got off easy- she threw up four times Tuesday night and then was fine.  That's right, hurling your insides up and out to the outside world only four times is getting off easy.  We thought dinner had not agreed with her and when she fine on Wednesday, had no fever, and ran around the house- we figured it was a little bug and now she was good.

Thursday night, Ben came home early from a poker game (around 8:30pm) and proceeded to be sick through 4:00am non-stop.  This was bad for several reasons.  (1) He got sick first, which means I knew what was coming.  (2) It scared me.  (3) Ben finally made it up to our bedroom which left me running upstairs to our guestroom.  (4) I am not furloughed and was supposed to go to work Friday- this. did. not. happen.

I got sick around midnight on Thursday night/ Friday morning and it lasted all night and into the mid-day on Friday.  It was terrible.  Probably the most sick I have ever been in my entire life.  You go through many mental stages with this body infestation-

1st- Praying to God to make it stop
2nd- Begging to God to make it end
3rd- Pleading to God to make it go faster
4th- Negotiating with God
5th- Praying in general
6th- Thanking God it has stopped momentarily
7th- Praying to God it doesn't come back
8th- Thanking God for it going away

Now all three of us are over the "sickness" part of the body infestation.  The mantra Ben and I have adopted; we have won the battle and are still waging the war.  We are severely dehydrated.  Ben and I have lost about 10 pounds between the two of us.  And the energy level is less than zero.  We are slowly drinking water, sprite, apple juice, and repeating that cycle.  Toast is my new best friend.  I have little-to-no desire to eat anything else.  Oh wait- I did add crackers to the diet today.  Yummy

I would like to say thank-you again to my neighbor, Nahed, for saving our lives by buying us sprite and apple juice.  I would also like to issue all reading this a warning: this body infestation gives no warning.  Ben and I both felt fine all day Thursday, we were not nauseous, queasy, or sick at all before we got really, really sick. 



2. The Government needs to re-open.
I'm not just saying this because my husband works for the government and is currently furloughed.
I'm not picking sides and placing blame on the Senate, The GOP, or The President.  I think they are all equally to blame.
I'm not too happy (especially now living in the Nation's Capitol) watching my elected officials bicker like children on national television.
I'm disappointed in the way our country is now representing itself to the world.  We are supposed to be world leaders and our congress cannot agree on a budget.

I'm surprised traffic isn't better :)


3.  Coach Spurrier and Jadeveon Clowney do not seem to be besties anymore.
But, the Gamecocks won last night.

I hope the HBC and Clowney make up soon


4. This weekend I started thinking about our future house.  Our "forever home" after our starter home.  I would love to design our home, but who knows if that would ever be practical.  I guess it would be depending on where we are living.
I had a few specific thoughts about things I would want if I could design my own house:

(1) I would want a mud room:
Something nice and spacious with lots of storage and a place to sit to take over your "muddy" clothes



(2) I would like 4-5 bedrooms.  I would like a 6th bedroom space for a home office/craft room. And a three-car garage would be fabulous.

(3) A finished basement with a full-bar (and screening room wouldn't hurt)



If you could build your own house, what features would it have?  Would you have a man-cave for your husband?  A play room for the kids?  A tennis court in the backyard?


5. Playoff baseball is here.  My husband is from Pittsburgh.  He is going nuts this week because the Pittsburgh Pirates are in the playoffs for the first time in 21 years.  Now here is the rub- I am from Atlanta and 21 years ago, my Atlanta Braves crushed the Pittsburgh Pirates in the conference championship.  And that is when my husband's little boy dreams were crushed.  So now, he is hoping for a little revenge.  Right now, I am being supportive and cheering on the Pirates (when Ben is around), but if the Pirates and Braves meet up... it's on!  Go Braves!!!


Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment