Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday night Brain dump

1. The Government reopened! 

I am so happy that Ben was able to go back to work on Thursday morning.  


2. Elizabeth really likes Sesame Street.  This afternoon I turned on an episode for her while she was eating her snack (she asks to watch sesame street by walking up to the TV and saying "Elmo!").  I go about doing some stuff in the kitchen and then I hear a familiar voice on the TV.  I walk over and Will Arnett is on Sesame Street as a magician.  



3. We have been sick with colds since Thursday.  October has been a long month of one sickness or illness after another.  Ben and I are kinda over the sick thing and hoping and praying that we get better soon.  I woke up on Saturday and Clorox sprayed and Lysol wiped every surface in our house- knobs, light switches, handles, remotes, phones, chairs, EVERYTHING.  Then I washed everything- sheets, towels, clothes, all kitchen and bathroom hand towels, etc.  I then cleaned all of Elizabeth's toys and traded them out for other toys in the basement.  I am desperately hoping that all of the cleaning, drinking OJ by the gallon, and taking vitamins will help us all get better soon.


4.  I. MISS. RUNNING.  I have not run since my race on September 28th because I have been sick almost every day since.  The last day I worked out was October 2nd.  I am having trouble sleeping, very low energy, and restlessness without the energy to burn it off.  I really want to feel better soon so I can get back into my running.  I miss it.  A lot.


5. Christmas shopping has begun.  We are almost done shopping for Elizabeth and we are done with half of our family members too.  I am so happy to get started on this early because I feel like I waited too long last year.  I am hoping to be done shopping by Thanksgiving.  The best deals always happen before Thanksgiving (usually in September and October) so I am trying to get as much done now as I can.


Have a wonderful week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment