Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Traditions

I follow a blogger from South Carolina, Erin, and she has the fabulous blog Blue Eyed Bride.  Last week she blogged about an intentional Christmas: new traditions, and it got me to thinking about my own traditions and how they have melded with my husband's traditions. 

I agree with Erin that this time of year goes by way to fast and it is so easy to get caught up in everything and therefore miss everything going on around you. 

So, I wanted to make a list of traditions and things I like to do at this time of year.  My goal is to do at least half of the things on this list.

1. Visit Santa Claus and have picture taken
2. Drive around and look at Christmas lights
3. Host a Christmas party
4. Give a Christmas ornament to Elizabeth each year
5. Complete an Advent calendar
6. Watch my favorite Christmas movies at least once during the month of December
7. Read different Christmas books with Elizabeth
8. Make/decorate a gingerbread house
9. Decorate a Christmas tree
10. Attend a candlelight church service
11. Display a nativity scene
12. Find a special plate for Santa's cookies
13. Decorate the outside of the house
14. Make a homemade Christmas Eve dinner
15. Make Christmas cookies
16. Send Christmas cards
17. Open presents on Christmas morning
18. Make a homemade Christmas Day breakfast
19. Exchange presents with family and friends
20. Have Santa visit and leave gifts for Elizabeth


 #9 is done.
Our red and green Christmas tree!




Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment