Monday, December 23, 2013

It's December 23rd, Oh My!

I cannot believe it is December 23rd!  The day before Christmas Eve!  Where has the time gone???

Well... way back on December 1st, I blogged about Christmas Traditions and listed 20 traditions that I love to do (or try to do each year).  So, since Christmas is almost here, I thought I would do a little update on all of the Christmas fun we have been having this season!


We accomplished #1, Visit Santa Claus and have picture taken.  It did not go well.


We accomplished #2, drive around and look at Christmas light, with the neighbors when we went to Bull Run Park.  You can see more pictures here.



We accomplished #3, by hosting our (almost) annual Christmas party.
You can read more about it here.


#4 is give Elizabeth a new Christmas ornament each year.  She will be getting one on Christmas Eve (along with Ben and I).  It's a new tradition I want to start.  Each year on Christmas Eve, we will each open one present, that present being our new ornament for the year.

#5, complete and advent calendar.  Well... all three of us have advent calendars, and all three of us have failed miserably at eating a piece of chocolate each day.  How is that possible?  I am hoping to play catch-up today.

#6, Watch my favorite Christmas movies at least once.  We (I) kinda did this.  Ben and I watched Christmas Vacation, and yesterday I watched Love Actually.  I also really like Home Alone, so maybe we can watch that tonight.  What are your favorite Christmas movies?

#7, Read different Christmas books with Elizabeth.  Well, this was a major fail.  She has several Christmas books and I put them in her book basket, but she would not go near them.  After I book those books in, she became scared of her basket.  So, we took the books out and put them back in her playroom.  Maybe next year...

#8, make/decorate a gingerbread house.  This. did. not. happen.  Not even close.  Maybe next year...

#9, Decorate a Christmas Tree.  Check!  Check!  Check!  We have three trees up this year!

 Our Family Tree

 Elizabeth's Tree

Our Red and Green "pretty" tree


#10, Attend a candlelight Church service.  I am hoping that Ben gets to do this tomorrow night.  I will not be going to Church this year because of my foot surgery.  Christmas Eve Candlelight Service is my favorite service all year and I am super disappointed that I don't get to go.

#11, Display a nativity scene.  We have several.  
One in the china cabinet (above).  
One on our end table in the family room.


A tiny one on the bar...

And Elizabeth has a little people nativity scene.

#12, Find a special plate for Santa Cookies.  I have searched high and low for a special plate and cannot find one.  I went to Target, Home Goods, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, World Market.  If anyone has a plate specifically for Santa Cookies, will you please let me know where you got it.  Thank you!!!

#13, Decorate the outside of the house.  I don't have a picture, but we have candles in all the windows and lights in the trees and bushes.  We also have lights around the garage and door this year!
~ Thank you Ben!

#14, Make a homemade Christmas Eve dinner.  Ben is doing that tomorrow.

#15, Make Christmas cookies.  Check!!!  I made Granny B's sugar cookies, check them out here!

#16, Send Christmas cards.  We did that.  I also have a post about it here.

#17, Open presents on Christmas morning.  Well, yes I hope we do this one!

#18, Make a homemade Christmas day breakfast.  Ben is doing this as well.

#19, Exchange presents with family and friends.  Done!

#20, Have Santa visit and leave presents for Elizabeth (I have a sneaking suspicion that he is coming tomorrow night).

I hope you were able to do some of your favorite traditions this year and that you have taken time to enjoy the holiday season.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment