Friday, March 27, 2015

Finally Friday!

It's Finally Friday!

I feel like this week has been really, really long.
Probably because I am now sick in addition to my girls being sick.
Having a cold just sucks the fun out of everything.  Don't you agree?

We have done a few things this week, but mostly stuck around the house.

I had to share this picture from last night.
It was about 75 degrees outside, Ben and Elizabeth were at swim class, so Caroline and I took a very short walk around the block in our neighborhood.  I haven't been able to use the carrier too much because of my ankle, but it was great for last night and a short walk before dinner.
She loved being outside!  She hasn't been outside too much since it's been winter 85% of her life, so she loved looking at everything and getting a little wind in her face. :)

 Thursday morning we went through the Starbucks drive thru.
I don't drink coffee and I have a ton of Starbucks gift cards from being a teacher.
I decided to try this: the Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea.
It is hibiscus, apple, lemongrass, and "natural tropical flavors".
It was alright.  I got the unsweetened version, next time I will probably try the sweetened.


I tried some reverse psychology on the nugget to get her to smile for the camera.
I kept saying, "Oh, you better not smile.  Whatever you do, don't smile."
Then I snapped this.  :)

I also have some Friday Finals for coupon shopping this week:

 The Candy is from my trip on Sunday to CVS.
The peanut M&Ms and the Snickers eggs were all free.
I paid $2.50 for the large bag of plain M&Ms.

 These BelVita Bites were totally FREE at Harris Teeter last Saturday.
I got two boxes for free with my VIC card.

On Wednesday afternoon I ran to Harris Teeter (once Ben was off from work)
to grab some deals I knew would be gone by the weekend.
Everything except the Scrubbing Bubbles was free.
I got:
(2) Pantene Mousse
(1) Pantene Hair Spray
(1) Bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner
(2) Boxes of Betty Crocker Cake Mix
(1) Revlon nail file
(2) Sticks of Crisco Shortening

The Pantene products were 3/$10.  I had a store coupon for $5/3  Pantene products and I had (3) $2 off manufacturer coupons.  So I had an overage of $1 when I bought the Pantene products.

The Betty Crocker Cake Mixes were on sale for $1 each.  I had a store coupon for 75cents of 2.  I also had a manufacturer coupon for 75 cents off 2 that doubled to $1.50 off 2.  So I had an overage of 25 cents when I bought the Cake Mixes.

The Revlon nail file was on sale for 99 cents.  I had a $1 off coupon that made it free. 

The Crisco shortening sticks were on sale for 99 cents.  I had (2) 35 cents off manufacturer coupons that doubled to 70 cents off.  That made each one 29 cents.  But, I also redeemed 75 cents back from Ibotta.  So I actually made 17 cents from buying the two crisco sticks.

The scrubbing bubbles was on sale for $3.  I had $1 off coupon to make is $2.  I then also had the $1.25 in overage to make the scrubbing bubbles 75 cents.


Total before coupons: $27.63
Total spent: $1.33 (plus I will get back 75 cents from Ibotta)
So it's like I really spent $0.58 for everything

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment