Thursday, March 5, 2015

Life Lately

We have been enjoying a lot of family time around here with all of the cold weather and snow.  It continues today as we are supposed to get 6-8" of snow by this evening.

Saturday I got a pedicure.  
I didn't let the very nice lady do anything to my right foot except gently cut my nails and then apply polish.  She kept asking me if I wanted a massage and all the other stuff and I kept telling her no because my ankle hurts.  She probably thought I was crazy, but I did come in in an ankle brace.  :)

The color is called shorts story by OPI
 I love OPI!  I think it's the best quality and I always use it on my nails.
I am also soooo ready for spring,  that's why I picked a bright pink to help me usher in the warmth
(I hope!)

I have also been doing some online shopping.  The Mix and Match Mama has influenced me to step out of my comfort zone and try a few things that I have never even thought about wearing before.

 I got these converse in dolphin grey.
I order them here.
I have been looking for some casual shoes to wear that are not sneakers, 
I feel like this is a good compromise to my normal choice.
After a text survey with my neighbors, it was decided that they should be worn with low socks, so I picked some up at target yesterday- I will update you on how this works out.
I have also been looking for outfit ideas on pinterest.

These are some outfits I have seen that I liked:




So...

This is what I am wearing today.
Mix and Match Mama also influenced this shirt purchase.
I order two shirts from Nordstrom- this grey and pink (no longer available) and this purple and grey one.  The purple and grey one was really long even though they are both petite smalls.  
The jeans are new from Old Navy.  Sweetheart cut skinny jeans.

 All week this one has been dressing up in her new princess dresses that she got for her birthday.
We always have lots of coloring around here.

And the day would not be complete without coloring Mickey and Minnie.

 I am making chili today.
First you brown 2 pounds of ground beef, add one diced onion and one diced green pepper.

 Combine in a separate bowl:
2 cans (15oz) red kidney beans, undrained
2 packages (1.25oz) chili seasoning mix
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles

 Add meat mixture to crockpot, then add bean mixture.
Cook on high 2 hours, then low for 1 hour.
Enjoy!

 This princess doesn't like to smile for the camera.
I make funny faces to try to get her to laugh.
It didn't work.  :)

 This baby LOVES to have her picture taken (for now).  :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment