Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Review

This weekend did not go according to plan.
Any plan.
At all.

That's what I get for thinking I am in charge and forgetting that HE is.

Friday morning I had an appointment with my podiatrist to go over my MRI results from last Friday.
The MRI confirmed that I did tear Deltoid ligament and the posterior talo-fibular ligament.
It also confirmed that I DO NOT have a high ankle sprain and there is no damage to my Achilles (thank the Lord!)
He said I would be looking at a 3-6 month recovery.  
Well... I am at 10 weeks, and still can't walk normally, so I imagine it will be awhile.

After my appointment I was supposed to go out-of-town for a girls weekend.

That was cancelled due to a very unfortunate event that occurred with one of my friends.

So... I stayed in DC and Ben gave me a "free weekend" at home.

Here is what we did:

Late Friday morning, Elizabeth and I made a chocolate dump cake:


This is the easiest dessert I have ever made.  Ever.
One box chocolate cake mix, one box instant chocolate jello pudding, 1 3/4 cup milk.
Combine all that and dump into a 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips (I had white chocolate chips so I used those).
Bake 25-30 minutes.
It had the consistency of a brownie and was sooooo good!

Friday afternoon I had physical therapy and then went home and picked up my family so we could head over to our friends' house for dinner.
We took the chocolate dump cake for dessert.
We had such a great time and I completely forgot to take any pictures.

Saturday, Ben let me sleep in and he got up with the kids.
I even got breakfast in bed!

 I requested bacon and special k bars :)

After I got up, showered and dressed, I headed out to do some coupon shopping.

 I went to dollar tree where I got the paper towels for 80 cents each, 
the tissues for 75 cents, and the cascade was FREE!

After dollar tree, I went to CVS to get our liquid dish soap.
These were on sale 99 cents and I had 25 cents off coupons.
So each was 74 cents (normally $1.99)  woot!

 I came home to find Ben and Elizabeth playing mario cart on the Wii
Well... Ben playing and Elizabeth thinking she is playing

 I wanted a family photo.
Don't both of my girls look super happy about that?

Sunday morning we hung around the house while Ben went to Church.
The girls all got up late because of the time change and we didn't have time to get everyone ready for Church.  This is the picture I put on Facebook.  I asked Elizabeth to smile at the camera.

Once Ben got home, I ran to Harris Teeter and CVS to get our supplies for the week.

 At HT, I spent $45.65 and saved $25.37
This week was full of random purchases because we have almost everything we need for the week.

At CVS, I spent $28 and got back $10 in extra care bucks.

In the afternoon, Elizabeth and I went to the new Aldi to check it out.  We picked up some strawberries and apples because the price was fantastic.  I had never been to Aldi and it was an interesting experience.  Their price on milk and produce was fantastic.  I will have to go back by myself to check out the rest of the store.

Our meal plan for the week:



Sunday- Leftovers (pasta)
Monday- Baked chicken tenders, green beans, biscuits
Tuesday- Tacos
Wednesday- Skillet frozen dinner
Thursday- Breakfast (waffles and scrambled eggs)
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Pasta with meatballs

In the afternoon, I was supposed to meet my friend Shelley for a movie.
Well... her car got stuck in her garage and so she had no way of getting to the movie.

So...

I ran out to the mall by myself.
I had to make some returns at Nordstrom and Old Navy and pick up soap from Bath and Body works.

Then I did something I probably haven't done in a decade.
I went to the movies by myself.
And you know what?  It. was. nice!

Now it's not something I would want to do all the time.
But it was nice to sit and relax and laugh and enjoy a little me time.

I got home in time for dinner and I even fed Caroline some baby apples.
She inhaled almost the whole container!
I guess apples taste better than sweet potatoes.  :)

We had a nice weekend around here and I have to say a big THANK YOU to Ben for allowing me the "me time" that I desperately needed.  It was nice to take some time for myself to help me refocus and re-energize. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment