Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Last week on Mix and Match Mama, Shay borrowed her friend Mel's blog series, and this week I am borrowing it.



What we are eating this week:

I do all of our meal planning for the week on Sunday.  Then I shop for what we need.  We use to plan our meals on a monthly basis and I would really like to get back into that.  Maybe that can be a goal for April? 

On Monday, I made meatloaf muffins.  This time the recipe made 18.  We ate 5 and I froze the other 13 for later dinners.  We also had roasted garlic red potatoes and corn.

Tuesday- we had breakfast for dinner: bacon, egg, and toast sandwiches, along with Eggo waffles (Elizabeth) and grapes.

Tonight- We are having baked Italian chicken tenders, rice, and green beans.
Thursday- We are having a frozen skillet dinner.
Friday- We are having homemade cheese pizza


What I'm reading:

Nothing at the moment.  I need recommendations!  I love James Patterson, but I am looking to branch out from all of the cop stories that I have been reading over and over again.  I have a kindle, so I can easily add to my reading list.  Please leave a comment below if you have any suggestions.

What I'm reminiscing about:

When Elizabeth was a baby.  Tomorrow Caroline will be six months old and the time just flies.  I was reading back on my old blog posts of Elizabeth during this time and I hardly even remember her as a 6-month old.  I just can't believe half a year has come and gone already.  I feel like I need to take more pictures.

Elizabeth at 6 months

What I am looking forward to:

Ben and I are going on an anniversary trip in July for our 6th wedding anniversary.  (Yes, I do remember we got married in May)  We are tying it into my cousin's wedding because we will be on the other side of the country.  We are going to Las Vegas for 5 days and Denver for 3 days.  No kids, just us.  Oh my gosh, I have to start shopping!

What I'm loving:

I love, love, love watching my girls play together.  Nothing makes my heart so happy as when I see Elizabeth talking to Caroline or laying down next to her on the blanket to "help her" play with her baby toys.  Caroline always lights up like a Christmas tree whenever Elizabeth is looking at her and talking to her.  I pray that they are best friends and enjoy growing up together.


What we've been up to:

Well... we have been sick going on almost two weeks now.  It has kinda been coming and going, but the running noses and coughs have now been around for a solid few days.  The fevers have been gone since the weekend and I am praying that they don't return.  I am hoping it's just allergies, but the allergy medicine we are all taking does not seem to be helping any of our symptoms. 

sick baby

What I am dreading:

You know that trip that I just wrote about as something I am looking forward to?  Well... I developed a fear of flying a few years ago (I don't remember exactly when or why because I have probably flown a thousand times) and I am absolutely dreading our four flights for our adults-only vacation.  I love to travel, but I hate to fly.  Now when we travel, I take our car as much as possible.

What I'm working on:

Getting the outside of our house ready for spring/summer.  I want to get a new door mat like nobody's business and we need new flowers on the deck.  I am not really into taking care of flowers, but I do like the way they look.  I have also been hunting for an outdoor rug for our deck, but I don't want to spend $400 on one, so the hunt is on for one less expensive.

What I am excited about:

My new cell phone! 
We ordered it today.  Anyone who tries to group text me knows that I am in desperate need of a new cell phone.  I got the droid razor mini (it's the updated version of my current phone).  Annnnd- I got two new phone covers!  I couldn't decide and they were super inexpensive, so I got both!  :)





What I'm watching:

Oh my goodness- Tuesday night is our TV night and we just DVR everything and then watch when we can.  We had a free red box last night - Gone Girl- so we have to catch up tonight on our Tuesday night shows.  I am loving a few shows right now:

 I don't agree with everything this family does (or says), but I do enjoy watching them.

 I love this show!
I don't like the new girl on the show.

After Gone Girl last night, I watched PLL to find out who A is.
Who the crap is Charles?

So good.
Well- the first two seasons were so good.
Last season was kinda blah.
This season is just weird.

What I'm listening to:

Uptown Funk- Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
I. Can't. Get. Enough. Of. This. Song.
Ben and Elizabeth can't stand it.
I can't stop lacing up my ankle brace and trying to dance to it.
I listen to it at least 5 times a day.

What am I annoyed by:

People that don't indicate when they are changing lanes (while driving).
You have an indicator.  It came with the car.
Please use it.

What am I hoping for:

That Ben and Elizabeth will develop a love for Uptown Funk that rivals my own and we can have a huge dance party together.  All. the. time.

What am I wearing today:

I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  Now I'm wearing running shorts and a t-shirt.
I am happy to say, I am 5 pounds away from pre-baby weight, so I am starting to fit back into most of my clothes. 
*I am wearing running shorts because I was vacuuming and mopping, not running. :(

What else is new:

We went on our weekly Chick-Fil-A run today.


What's up with you?


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment