Friday, March 20, 2015

Life Lately

Well... life lately has been pretty crappy.  

Elizabeth, Caroline, and Ben have been sick most of the week 
(fevers, coughs, and runny noses) and so we haven't done too much.  
Today was a busy day (that I will get into later) and it kinda went to crap.

 For dinner on Monday night, I made chicken enchiladas and Mexican rice.
I loved the whole meal, Ben liked the enchiladas.
This is definitely a repeat recipe.

 Monday, this girl was happy!

 Tuesday, no one felt good, so we spent most of the day in jammies.

 I love watching Elizabeth play with Caroline.
It makes my heart happy!



Happy St. Patrick's Day

 For St. Patrick's Day, I made corned beef, carrots, and potatoes.
Also super easy.
*I can't stand corned beef and I only make this on St. Patrick's Day for Ben

Wednesday morning.  Both girls are sick.

 Thursday, Caroline broke out her Gamecock gear from Dana.


 I think she is proud to be a Gamecock :)


Friday, the first day of Spring, it snowed at our house.

Today has been an interesting day.

It started with me going to physical therapy and Ben keeping the girls at home.

I then ran some errands and came home.

All that was fine.

When I got home, Ben was getting the girls ready to leave.

See, they were going to leave the house for several hours while I completed a video taped interview about Spring. 

At 1pm, four people from Chicago showed up and interviewed me for 3 1/2 hours about Spring.  What I do to get my house ready for spring, wants scents I use for Spring, just a lot of questions about Spring.  We then went to two stores where I shop frequently and I walked them through how I choose what I choose.  It was a great experience and I hope to do it again one day.  

So now you ask yourself, where did it go to crap?

Well, remember how I said Ben was taking the girls for several hours?  This hours-long trip was during nap time.
So...

-Caroline refused to eat lunch (at first)
- Caroline refused to fall asleep (take a nap) in her car seat
- Elizabeth refused to eat her lunch (at first)
- Elizabeth kept taking off her socks at the mall playground and Ben told her she couldn't 
(I tell her she can, so I understand why she was confused)
- Elizabeth tackled a girl at the mall playground.  Yes tackled is the word Ben used.

Ben very nicely e-mailed me these pictures from today:

 Selfie with Caroline

 Then she made this face.

  Elizabeth playing.

When we were all back home, we headed to Church for the fish dinner.

The price in the program said $20 for families (or $8 for adults and $5 for kids).
The sign at the table said $25.  
We had only brought $20.
We "discussed" this with the high school girl collecting money for a long time.
I finally found $1 in quarters in my purse and handed her $21 for two adults and 1 child.

Then Elizabeth refused to eat any of her dinner.
Then Elizabeth refused to sit in her chair.
Then Elizabeth screamed.  A lot.

We left after Ben and I ate as fast as we could.

So...

I wanted to stop by Rita's Italian Ice on the way home and get my free Italian ice.
(Because today they are giving away free Italian ice)
We got off the highway an exit early.  Pull into the shopping center, up to Ritas.
And it is CLOSED.
They have not opened for the season (even though their website says they are open)

So... That has been our week.

I am hoping everyone is feeling better tomorrow and 
back to being their happy (eating their meals) selves.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment