Friday, April 8, 2016

Show Us Your Life- Organization!

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner to discuss all things cleaning/organizing and I am hoping to walk away with a few new ideas. 

I am notorious around my house for rearranging closets, organizing closets, and cleaning things out ALL. THE. TIME.  I can't stand clutter and we have a four-story-townhouse with limited closet space.  I mention the four-stories because that is part of the way I break down my organization/cleaning.

I have a weekly cleaning schedule that I started as a New Years resolution and I have kept to it every week.  It helps me feel less rushed when people are coming to visit and we it helps us stay pretty organized.

First- We do dishes every night.  After dinner, everything is loaded into the dishwasher and we run it during the night.  In the morning, I try to unload it before the kids are up.

Second- I make our bed every morning.  Once we are both up, the bed is made before I leave our room to start my day.

I feel like having the dishes done and beds made helps keep the clutter away and keep things more organized. 

So... my cleaning schedule (that I started for the new year):

Monday- Laundry
Tuesday- Clean entryway and main floor
Wednesday- Clean 3rd floor which is the master bedroom and bathroom
Thursday- Clean 4th floor which are the girls bedrooms and bathrooms
Friday- Laundry
Saturday/Sunday- try to relax with my family :)

Each floor has it's own day and I have it down to about 30-40 minutes.  That is dusting, mopping, vacuuming, bagging trash, cloroxing all door knobs and light switches, etc.

As far as organization- labels and bins are the key to my organization.  I will buy large bins for storing clothes and hiding gifts, but I also reuse diaper boxes and shoe boxes.  After I stopped teaching, I re-purposed a ton of bins for things like chalk, bubbles, outside toys, beach toys, water table toys, etc.

I also use old muffin tins to keep small things organized in drawers- kids hair ties, kid bracelets, kid earrings, etc.

Last week I organized and stored all of our baby clothes under 2T.
0-9 months, 12 months, 12-18 months.
The small bin is full of baby toys.

And... if you have kids, you know toys go EVERYWHERE!
I LOVE the storage block we picked up at Target.
We replace the bins when we need to either from Target or Big Lots.

 Each bin holds something different- dolls/barbies, blocks, plastic food, big girl toys, little girl toys.

Hope that helps you get organized.

Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment