Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Saying goodbye

Saying goodbye is hard.  Saying it to family is even harder.  My cousin, Jessica, and her husband, Noah, and baby cousin are moving to another country in two days.  I wanted to do something fun with Jessica before she moved so I asked her to go to dinner last week just the two of us.  I surprised her with a fun evening in DC as a way to say goodbye to some of DC's most historic places.

I made dinner reservations for us at Old Ebbitt Grill.  It's one of my favorite places to eat in DC and the restaurant has a great history



After dinner we made our way over to The White House.  Neither one of us had been down to The White House in a long time and it was nice to check it out while it wasn't too crowded and while the sun was setting. :)

 Jess and The White House :)

 Trying to get a selfie with The White House is hard :)

 Silly cousins 

After our tour around The White House, I took Jessica to my favorite bar for dessert and a cocktail.  We ended our evening at Off the Record inside the Hay-Adams Hotel.  We enjoyed the cookie plate while people watching, chatting, and snacking.  This hotel and bar has a great history and is good for bumping into celebrities when big DC events are going on. :)

Leaving Off the Record

So Jess, I hope you had as much fun last week as I did.  I am going to miss you a ton (and Noah and baby cousin) and we are really looking forward to visiting you sometime in 2017.  It has been so incredibly wonderful having you close by and y'all leaving is going to take some getting use to.  We are so excited for this new adventure your family is starting and I am praying y'all have a great experience.  All my love dear cousin!


No comments:

Post a Comment