Friday, April 19, 2013

5K Friday

Tonight my friends and I participated in our local 5K Friday. 

Pre-race photo
 
I arranged a girl's night that involved the 5K and then dinner afterwards. 
I have been wanting to run in the Crystal City 5K for the last few years and I thought it would make an interesting/fun/different girl's night.
 
The women I ran with tonight kept me excited, motivated, and pumped up throughout the entire evening.  We all started together and finished at different times but cheered each other on and the excitement was contagious. 
 
All of us have different levels of experience and it was fun to talk about the races we had all done previously and the races we plan on running in the future.
 
Ben and Elizabeth came to cheer my on.  I was so happy to have my family there for the race and be able to see me participate.  Thank you Ben and Elizabeth!!!
 
Post-race with Elizabeth.

Our group of runners:
Jhena, Kyla, Debbie, Me, Shelley, and Cathy
 
Thank you ladies for a wonderful evening.  I have been motivated by all of you to continue racing and to improve my time each race.  Thank you for being so uplifting!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment