Sunday, July 13, 2014

Texas and the 4th of July

I have been on a two-week hiatus from blogging because I didn't have my laptop.  But, now it's back and I have a lot of fun stories to share about our adventures for the last two weeks.

On Saturday, June 28th, we flew to Texas and spent 10 days visiting with family.  We spent a few days in Arlington at my Grandmother's house and then spent a few days at her lake house with all of my family.

 Elizabeth enjoyed playing in the backyard
(the cowgirl hat became an outfit staple in Texas)

 She loved riding Buckey around the house and backyard


Talking to Gramps

 Playing with Ga-Ga in the morning

 Even Cowgirls take a break for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse


 And to snuggle with Da-Da

 View of the lake from the deck
It is so dry, if you look closely, you can see a man on a riding lawn mower
That's right, that man was mowing the lake

 See all the docks sitting in on the bottom of the lake

 My cousins enjoying the AC: Jessica, Noah, and Jayme

 My cousin Jen and her fiance Dave went down to the water to fish
(notice the blue dock)

 They didn't catch anything

 My little rock star

 Ben bought some fountains for Elizabeth 
(we wanted to introduce a mild form of firework to her)

So pretty!

 Elizabeth and Aunt Anna watching the fountain

Elizabeth playing

 All the flags
(When you graduate from college, we hang up your flag)

 Ben and Elizabeth taking a walk

 My mom making a special 4th of July treat

 Family photo!

 Lolly and Anna braided Elizabeth's hair while she ate lunch

 The whole family!


 
 All the grandchildren

 Anna, Andy, Me, Jen, Jessica, Jayme
(How am I the oldest and shortest?)

  Andy and Lolly

Gramps and her Grandchildren

 Noah and Jessica teaching Elizabeth how to hit a pinata
We do a pinata every year at the 4th of July and we hit it going from youngest to oldest


 Ben helping Elizabeth with the pinata



 Uncle Andy helping Elizabeth with the pinata


 Jayme hitting the pinata

 Anna hitting the pinata

 Noah hitting the pinata

 Jessica hitting the pinata

Jennifer hitting the pinata

Jen destroyed the pinata

 More fountains for Elizabeth






Once it got dark on the 4th, we set off the real fireworks


More to come over the next few days.  
I hope you had a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment