Friday, October 31, 2014

Progress: Part Two (post baby body)

Way back on October 13th, I blogged about post baby bodies.  I then blogged two days later about Progress: Part One.  I thought I would fill y'all in on how my progress is going now that I am about three weeks into my use of My Fitness Pal and tracking my calories.

On October 13th my weight was 149.8

Today, October 31st, my weight is 144.4

My pre-baby weight is 133.

So in 18 days, I have lost 5.4 pounds (mostly) through changing my diet. 

*I say mostly because in the last 18 days, I did go to the gym three times and walk on the treadmill (don't tell my doctor, because I wasn't supposed to do that).  She told me absolutely no walking/running for exercise until my 6-week appointment.  But... I have been feeling really good, so Ben let me go walk slowly (3.2 mph) on the treadmill.

Anywho, I know some people will e-mail me and ask what diet changes I have made, so I am happy to share.  They aren't major.  The biggest thing is limiting myself to 1700 calories a day.

I am trying to lose weight so I calculated that I should consume 1200 a day to lose 1-2 pounds a week.  But since I am breastfeeding, I need an additional 500 calories a day to produce enough milk.  Therefore, my total is 1700 calories a day.

Okay, so the food- I eat 2 Special K protein bars in chocolate-peanutbutter for breakfast.  I ate them before I got pregnant and the protein helps me make it to lunch time.

For lunch, it's either leftovers, going out to eat, or turkey sandwich/yogurt/granola bar/apple.  We ate out twice this week for lunch- once at Auntie Anne's pretzels and once at Chick-Fil-A.  When we went out to eat, I looked up the nutritional information online before we went so I knew what to order and how many calories it would take up.

For dinner, I have cooked twice this week and we have had leftovers from those meals.  I made a pasta bake on Sunday night and then the delicious zesty slow cooker chicken barbecue.

I have one snack during the afternoon, usually a diet coke with a granola bar or an apple.
*On Thirsty Thursdays, I usually skip my afternoon snack to save my calories for the cocktail we make.

I will do another post in a few weeks.  I see the doctor on Monday and I am hoping to get the all-clear to begin working out again.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment