Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Turkey Trot 2014

Ben and I ran the Greensburg Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning with his cousins.  I have not run in a race since September 2013 and was more than a little nervous.  I had a little over 2 weeks to train for this race and was hoping to finish under 40 minutes.

We got up at 7am, ate breakfast, and headed over to packet pickup downtown.  Once we picked up our packets, we hung out with Ben's cousins. 

 Before the race

 Don't we look so happy before going outside?


Around 8:50am, we headed outside into the 30 degree weather with flurries coming down.  Ben and I started off together and that lasted about 4 seconds before he ran ahead of me.  Right before mile 2, I caught up with Ben and then lost him again.

My race time was 35:54. 
Ben's race time was 37:08.

 After the race

 I wore the race shirt because it was so cold

 Our Tom's Turkey team photo


Well... we completed the race and I am looking forward to my next race.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment