We had a blast viewing all the light displays, checking out the animals, having dinner, and riding the carousel.
Welcome to the zoo!
Elizabeth loved the elephants!
I liked all the trees!
Ben took this really cool photo
After dinner, Ben and Elizabeth rode the carousel
On our way out
We had a really great time at the zoo lights (it was our first time going). We purchased a living social deal that included parking and four tickets (each) for the carousel, slides, and train ride.
A couple of tips if you are thinking of going:
- Go early. We spent 30 minutes in line waiting to park
- Dress warmly. It was 40 degrees tonight and I was cold with 2 layers, coat, gloves, and a hat.
- Be prepared to walk a lot. Ben used endomondo to track our adventure and we walked almost 2 miles during the 2 hours we were there.
- The lines are really long for the rides. The package we bought included tickets for the rides, but we only did the carousel (once, never did the slides or train) because Ben and Elizabeth waited 30 minutes to ride it.
- You have to be 36" to ride the slides (Elizabeth is 36") but kids must ride by themselves (a parents cannot hold them)
- Park in Lot D if possible because it is closest to all the rides
- If you have small kids, put them in a stroller. The girls stayed in the stroller the whole time and it was great.
Hope you had a great weekend.