Friday, July 31, 2015

Hungry bears, beer, and Mark Harmon {Day 7}

Sunday morning we were up bright and early to have breakfast with my mom and grandmother at a place down the street from our lodge.  We met up in the parking lot and then drove to The Hungry Bear, a place I found online that looked very local and very adorable (it was!).

 My mom, me, and my grandmother

After breakfast, Ben and I headed to Golden, Colorado to do the Coors tour.  The Miller Coors tour was awesome (I highly recommend it) and I learned a lot about beer.  I'm not a beer drinker, but this tour was awesome (it's the largest brewery in the world) and we got to sample three beers at the end of the tour.
 Golden, Colorado- Home of the Miller Coors Company

 Waiting for the tour to start

 Outside the Coors brewery

 The cans and bottles the beer used to come in

 All the products the Miller Coors Company makes
(I couldn't fit them all in the picture)

 We were waiting for the elevator :)

 To take us upstairs to see this...The brewery making beer


Lots of beer

 This is a display in the quality control room.
All the beers they have made or do make.

 Time to taste some beer!

 We were waiting in line to get our beers and the wall has a bunch of old ads on it.
I took this picture of Mark Harmon because who doesn't love Gibbs?

 Our first beers


 I got Blue Moon :)

Ben tried Batch 19, the original beer

After the tour we grabbed a great lunch at Woody's Woodfired Pizza in downtown Golden.  The pizza was soooo good and we took our leftovers with us.  After lunch we headed to our hotel in downtown Denver to drop our stuff off and rest for a few minutes.

Sunday night we drove to Pine, Colorado to have dinner with my family at my aunt and uncle's house.  It was so nice to hang out with everyone again and just relax after the wedding.  I loved spending time with my family that I don't see very often and we could enjoy dinner, see the house, and have a relaxing evening together.

Happy Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment