Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: The way to my heart

I'm linking up with Andrea today to discuss the ways to my heart.

It is well known that I met Ben when I went on a weekend trip to DC to visit my friend, Anjaly.  She introduced us on a Friday night and by Saturday night we were on our first date.  The very next weekend he flew down to South Carolina to see me and we have been together ever since (it will be 8 years on February 9th).

 Saturday, February 9, 2008


Ben won my heart that weekend when he flew to South Carolina.  I knew that I had met the man I was going to marry.  Seven months later he proposed and seven months after his proposal, we got married!  :)
February 17, 2008

 September 20, 2008- day after we got engaged :)

 October 2008, we went to Atlanta to see my family and my mom had this cake made

May 9, 2009

Ben won my heart in February of 2008, but he continues to win my heart on a daily basis.

Here are just a few ways he wins my heart:

Watching him be a father is one of the best experiences of my life.  He adores both of his daughters and watching him with them brings me indescribable joy.

Making dinner after we have both had a long day.  Ben is one of the most selfless people I know and making dinner is just one example of his selflessness.

Getting the girls ready for bed (because he knows I would rather do anything else).

Going on vacation with my family.

Letting me sleep in.

Driving on long road trips.

Loading the dishwasher.

Dressing up in family costumes for Halloween (Ben can't stand dressing up for Halloween).

He tells me everyday that I am beautiful.

He tells me everyday that he loves me.

He kisses me good morning (every morning) and kisses me good night (every night).

Our lives have changed A LOT in 8 years, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it.

 Thanksgiving 2015 (our last family photo)  :)

I truly am the luckiest girl in the world and I pray everyday that I remember not to take him for granted and to be a blessing to him the same way he is to me.

Ben, I love you.  Thank you for being you.

Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment