Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Target Beauty Box Review

A few weeks ago I purchased the Target Beauty Box for the first time.  It was $7.00 and came with free shipping.  I tried it for a few reasons:

1) It was inexpensive
2) I have used only Clinique for 20 years, so I thought I should try some new products
3) Free shipping!!


 My beauty box!

 It came with a lot of goodies AND a coupon :)

 The card had a description of all the products

So, I've now tried most of the products and wanted to share my two cents on them.  I have been interested in trying new products but was looking for a little guidance (which is why I liked this sample box). 

 This scent was very strong.  I had to wash it off after a few minutes.
It kinda reminded me of old ladies ;)

 This product is supposed to add body, but I have not noticed a difference.
I thought it would be great since it is winter and my hair gets flat in the cold, 
but this product did not add any volume.

 One of the reasons I have used only Clinique for so long is because I have sensitive skin.
Well...I put this on part of my face as a test. 
After five minutes, my face was red and stinging.
I had to wash it off and put on my base moisturizer.
 
I like this product :)
But to be fair, can you really mess up a shower poof?

 I normally use Redkin shampoo and conditioner.
The soapbox shampoo was great- my hair felt clean and not dried out.
The conditioner is another story- I had to go back and add my regular conditioner because the soapbox conditioner did NOTHING for my hair.

 I love this product!
I have it in my purse and have been using it at least once a day.
It's like chapstick but slightly more moisturizing. :)

 I have not tried this yet.
I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do with the BB cushion.
If anyone can leave a comment to tell me, that would be great!
Is it a primer/base/foundation?

 I thought I would really like this product, but the scent is too much for me.
It does a great job of moisturizing, but I had to wash it off because of the scent.

I have not used this yet.
I'm not sure how I feel about the multicolored nails.
Has anyone used this specific product before?  Did you like it?
I don't usually put color on my nails, but I will try this come Spring.

So overall, I only like a couple of the products (out of 10) and I am not sure if I will purchase another beauty box.  I think next month I will pay closer attention to the items in the box before I consider purchasing.  It was fun to try new products, but I also rediscovered why I use the same products year after year.  Have you ever tried a beauty box and liked it?  OR, do you like to use the same products again and again?

Happy Tuesday y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment