Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekend Review: Ben's Birthday weekend!

We spent most of our weekend celebrating Ben.  He wanted a low-key birthday and I did my best to keep it that way, with a few little surprises thrown in. :)

 Thursday afternoon I got the house ready for Ben's birthday on Friday.

 Balloons, banners, table decor, and presents. 
Ready for Friday!

 Ben had requested french toast and bacon for his birthday breakfast.
He slept in on Friday morning and then I made his birthday breakfast

Yummy!

 Mid-morning the girls wanted Daddy to spin them around the living room



 Before going out to lunch we stopped by Home Depot to order a new water heater.
Fun!

 We went to Friday's for lunch.  
I forgot to take pictures at lunch so this is in the car leaving.

 After lunch it was time to open presents!!

 Elizabeth helped Dad open all the presents :)

 Go Pens!!


 For our beach trip

 Go Pens!!


 Elizabeth and Caroline's card



 a BIG present...

 Tailgating tent!

 After opening presents, it was nap time.
After nap time, it was time for Birthday Cake! :)

 Elizabeth made the cake and picked out blue icing "because it's Daddy's favorite color"


 Happy Birthday to Dad!

 We all enjoyed the cake


The baby enjoyed the cake too!

Ben hung up his new deck lights after enjoying cake

Friday night I surprised Ben and we had dessert at Melting Pot

My plate after we were done :)

After Melting Pot, we walked over to World of Beer 

I don't like beer, but they had four ciders, so I got a flight to try :)

Birthday selfie

Ben finished his beers and I finished my flight of apple ciders

Saturday morning, we headed to the pool with some friends.
Ben was getting the girls ready and braided Elizabeth's hair!

I think it looks great!

Elizabeth jumping in the deep end and swimming to the ladder!

Caroline... my little model

Ben got a Pens hat for his birthday :)

Saturday night, Ben and I went out for his birthday.  We headed to Top Golf and ran into a two-hour-wait.  So, we headed over to the movie theater and watched Jason Bourne.  After the movies, we grabbed cocktails and appetizers at Bonefish Grill- yum!

Sunday afternoon, we hung around the house most of the day.
The girls and I enjoyed popsicles on Sunday evening while Ben was at church.


Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment