Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

On Friday we headed to Atlanta to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and new niece.  It was a long 11 hour drive down because Caroline did a lot of crying, screaming, and whining during the first half of the trip.  I drove the first half and we switched drivers after lunch and Ben drove the rest of the way.

Ben took this selfie while we were stopped on the highway due to construction

 Elizabeth watched Mickey Mouse on her portable DVD player

Caroline getting some love at one of our stops

Got a picture at my favorite state!

Friday night, we had dinner at Andy and Lolly's house.  We got to their house around 6:45 and we were hanging out when my mom walked in the front door.  She had flown from Texas as a surprise to see all of us while we were together.  

*Sidenote- by "us", I do mean her 3 granddaughters and not Andy, Lolly, Ben, or I.  :)
Once grandchildren are born, the children are brushed to the side.  haha. :)

Andy grilled hamburgers and hotdogs with tater tots and we enjoyed chips, salsa, and guacamole appetizer.   Lolly surprised us with brownies for dessert- they were fabulous!  We were having so much fun visiting that I forgot to take pictures Friday night at their house.

I did take this picture Friday night.  We were at our hotel and the girls were finally asleep in their rooms and Ben and I sat down to enjoy some wine, popcorn, and a little HGTV.

On Saturday, I was up bright and early (for some unknown reason) so I went for a 3-mile walk/jog around North Point Mall.  When I got back to the hotel, my whole family was still sleeping, so I showered and dressed and then everyone got up.  We had breakfast, got our stuff together, and headed to Andy and Lolly's house for a day of fun.

Lolly and I did some grocery shopping and picked up food for lunch and dinner for the week.  When we got back to their house we were happy to see our cousins Sharon, John, Liz, and Ansley visiting for a little bit.  We had lunch with them and enjoyed watching the big girls play and the little girls eat.

In the afternoon we took some pictures.
Lolly with Annalise, GaGa with Elizabeth, and me with Caroline

 Cousins in their matching shirts
Caroline (almost 8 months), Annalise (3 weeks), Elizabeth (3 years)

 Elizabeth kept giving Annalise kisses and trying to hold her hand

Caroline is really good at posing :)

Saturday afternoon we went to the pool and did a lot of swimming.  Well... Ben, Andy, and Elizabeth did a lot of swimming.  GaGa, Lolly, and I watched and Caroline got in after her bottle.  It was Caroline's first time in the pool and she really enjoyed floating around.

Saturday night, Ben made chicken fried rice for dinner and I made cocktails for everyone.  It was a nice, relaxing way to end a busy day.

Sunday morning, my mom flew back to Texas and we enjoyed hanging out at the house with Lolly and Annalise.  After lunch we took Elizabeth to Bruster's to get ice cream.

 She ate every last drop of her chocolate with sprinkles


Caroline and Annalise enjoyed watching all of us eat ice cream

 After ice cream and more swimming, we came home and relaxed.
I held this sweet baby and watched my baby crawl around and "talk" to the dog.

Caroline was so fascinated by the dog.
I don't know if she has ever seen a dog before and she was mesmerized.

Sunday night, Ben grilled us a shrimp appetizer and then made ranch pork chops.  We also had roasted garlic potatoes and salad.  It was nice to sit together and enjoy dinner while the babies slept and Elizabeth ate dinner watched TV.  We said bye to Andy, Lolly, and Annalise and headed back to the hotel after dinner.

Monday morning we were up early, grabbed breakfast, and headed back to DC.  Before leaving town, we stopped by my old house.  My mom and sister moved to Texas almost 4 years ago (I was pregnant with Elizabeth) and I haven't seen the house in about 5 years.

 Me in front of the house I grew up in

It looks almost exactly the same.
I think the left side of the wall has been replaced and a few trees have been cut down.

 Some pictures of our drive back.  It was going really well until we got north of Richmond.
It took us about 2 hours to go 40 miles.  It was awful!

 This is me going a little stir-crazy

But trying to keep a smile on my face for my girls

And... that was our Memorial Day Weekend trip.

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment