Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Summer 2015 Bucket List

For the past two summers, I have made a summer bucket list to complete with Ben and Elizabeth. 

Last summer, it really focused on Elizabeth because I was pregnant and wanted to get in as much mother-only daughter time as I could. 

This summer, Elizabeth helped me create our list and we focused on family activities a little more.  We also decorated a large poster board to put our summer bucket list on and Elizabeth went to town adding stickers wherever she wanted. 

Here is our finished product:


I know the sticky notes are hard to read in this picture, but I use sticky notes for a good reason.  Once we have done a particular item on our bucket list, we can remove the sticky note from the poster board.

We have things on the list like go to the pool and make s'mores.  I am sure we will do these more than once, but we still write them down.  :)

Elizabeth is going to summer camp, so she wanted to make sure that was on the list.

I want to take Elizabeth bowling, so I added that to the list.

We also have going to new parks, going out for ice cream, going to a baseball game, and feeding the ducks, and trying a few splash parks.

Ben added going to play golf and I want to do a day trip to Annapolis.

Those are just some of the things on our summer 2015 bucket list.  I am looking forward to doing all these things and just enjoying the nice weather. 

Do you make a summer bucket list or sit down with your kids/spouse to talk about summer activities?  I am so glad we started this little tradition and it's fun as a family to pick an activity from the list to do.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment