Saturday, May 9, 2015

SIX

Dear Ben,

Six years ago we became husband and wife.  We have had many, many adventures in the last six years and we have had our ups and downs.  Life is a challenge and so is marriage.  I could not have asked God for a better partner to face those challenges with.  I want to publicly say thank you for being my rock.  My partner.  The father to our children.  My best friend.  My adviser.  My balance. 

Two weeks ago, a reader at Cathy and Darren's wedding read the following scripture:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Hearing this scripture read aloud a few weeks ago took me back to our wedding.  

To the vows we made and the life we have lived the last six years.  

I don't always do a good job of following this scripture, but I will again renew my vow and promise, that I will always try.  

I will continue to try to be patient and kind.  I will continue to try to not be boastful or proud.  I will work to not dishonor others or be self-seeking.  I will work on not being easily angered and I will continue to work on not keeping a record of wrongs.  I will always tell you the truth.  I will trust in your protection, I will continue to hope and dream with you, and together we will persevere.  

Ben, I love you more today than any other day before and I love this life we have together.  Thank you for being you and for being mine.

Love,

Abby




No comments:

Post a Comment