Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekend Review: Girls weekend in Raleigh!

This past weekend, I went on my very first girls weekend away!  I met my college friends Dana and Stacy in Raleigh (it's half way between where we all live). 

I got into town early to avoid the DC traffic.  Once I checked into our hotel, I used the guest pass to visit the best gym in the entire world- Lifetime Fitness.  I had never been to a lifetime fitness and it quickly blew me away.  I was so impressed with the gym that I talked about it all weekend.  :)

After my run, I went over to Massage Envy for a Swedish massage that I had scheduled earlier in the week.  I had the best 50-minute massage and left feeling completely relaxed, pampered, and ready for a weekend of fun!

I went back to the hotel to relax and get together some goody bags I made for the weekend. 

 I thought it would be fun for all of us to have some goodies to help us enjoy/survive the weekend :)

 All of us got: girl's weekend wine glass, bottle of wine, bag of kettle corn, peanut butter snack, chocolate candy, sun screen, hand sanitizer, granola bar, 
 and a survival product (tums, tylenol, and shout-to-go wipes)


Dana and Stacy arrived around 5:30pm and we quickly got to chatting and planning our weekend. 

 Stacy and Dana when they got to our suite

We were looking over dinner options and decided on 18 Seaboard.  I made our reservation online and then we got ready for dinner.  Stacy's friend, Lindsay, came out to dinner with us.  I quickly discovered that Lindsay is my couponing soulmate and we discussed all the free things we enjoy getting- mostly doughnuts and chick-fil-a.  :) 

The only picture of the three of us: Me, Stacy, and Dana

 My dinner :)

After dinner, we went to get hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts because why not?. We waited in line with a bunch of kids going to prom and then enjoyed eating our doughnuts while watching the conveyor belt.
 Waiting in line for doughnuts


We got back to our hotel and enjoyed hanging out, talking, drinking, and enjoying the fact that we didn't have to worry about getting up with kids in the morning. :)  I think we all thought it was kinda surreal that we were away and not at home.

Saturday morning we got up and enjoyed a huge breakfast and then decided on shopping at the outlet malls.  We showered, dressed, and made the 40-minute drive to the outlet malls.  When we got to the outlets, we decided we were hungry again and grabbed lunch at a little pizza place.

 We each got a slice of pizza for lunch.  
This was the biggest slice of pizza I've ever had.

After lunch, we preceded to shop for six hours.  SIX WHOLE (CHILD-FREE) HOURS!  We did stop for pretzels, but besides that carb reload, we shopped, shopped, and shopped some more.

We drove back to our hotel and relaxed for a bit and then decided on Mexican food for dinner.  We asked the hotel for a recommendation and they sent us to La Rancherita.  Every bite was sooo good.  I tried to get pictures of some of our drinks and food.




After dinner, we walked around Apex, got some ice cream, and enjoyed an evening of drinking, getting lost, and telling stories. :)

Champagne for our last night :)

Sunday morning we enjoyed a champagne brunch before heading out and back to reality.  I want to say a huge thank-you to Stacy and Dana for meeting up for our first (annual) girls weekend away.  I also want to say thank-you to our husbands: Ben, Paul, and Jeff for keeping all the kids while we went away for some much needed rest, relaxation, alcohol, food, and shopping. :)

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment