Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Talk like a pirate day!

Monday was International Talk Like a Pirate Day and we celebrate every year by dressing up like pirates and going to Krispy Kreme (they give out a free dozen doughnuts to anyone dressed like a pirate).  You can read about the history of International Talk Like a Pirate Day here

I usually dress up, but this year I left it to the girls.  I grabbed the vests and "kits" (included eye patch, bandana, necklace, earring, and weapon/telescope) from Dollar Tree.  The dresses were from their Nana and Pap Pap and went nicely with the pirate theme.

I dressed the girls up in their pirate costumes and Caroline immediately took hers off.  Elizabeth wanted all of the pirate accessories, so it worked out well.

 This is the beginning of trying to get Elizabeth to look at me AND smile. 

 Looking at me (?)

 Not looking at me (nor smiling)

 smiling...

 Kinda, but I would like her to look less scared

 Winner!

When we got to Krispy Kreme, Caroline decided she wanted to wear her costume because all the other kids were dressed up.  Once we got in line, she decided she was over it and began taking her costume off.  While she is handing me the costume pieces, the lady working the counter hands me two doughnut holes for the girls and then two hot doughnuts.  I'm trying to wrangle everything when another employee then hands me two dozen doughnuts.  Oh my gosh, doughnut overload!

Elizabeth tells me no less than 293,083,917 times that she DOES NOT WANT A DOUGHNUT.  So we sit down with our milk, diet coke, and 26.5 doughnuts. 

 Caroline inhaled her doughnut!


 Elizabeth made this face.

 At the end of the day I was able to give away a dozen doughnuts to Vicki and Gordon (thank you!) and then Drew brought Kellan and Ellis over and everyone took one home (thank you!).
Caroline and I both ate one more the next day and then I forced myself to throw the rest away.

And that was our International Talk like a Pirate Day!

Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment