Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A letter to my first

Dear Elizabeth,

I've been wanting to write you this letter for awhile, and then last night I was flooded with emotion and thoughts that I wanted to write down. 

My life changed forever when I found out I was pregnant with you and it changed again forever 36 weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant with your sister.

I cannot even begin to describe or explain how you have changed my life for the better, but I am going to try.

You light up my heart.  I feel a brightness inside me when I see your face each morning and I am overwhelmed with love for you.  Each night when you are asleep, your dad and I sneak into your room and look at you and give you more goodnight kisses.

Since I stopped working this summer, we have developed a wonderful morning routine that involves lots of hugs, snuggles, and cuddles.  I know this will not last forever and I am cherishing each moment as it comes.

You are kind.  You are loving.  And you, my beautiful daughter, are hilarious.  You love to get a laugh out of your parents and you have a cute, sly smile when you accomplish your mission for laughter.

You can be quiet and shy, or loud and outgoing.  You shyly approach new people and then want to put on a show for them as soon as you have warmed up to them.

You are obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and each morning ask for "milk and Mickey Mouse".  You know what you like and you know what you want.

You love to sing and dance, and you love for your parents to dance with you.  However, you do not enjoy your parents singing with you- as you point out anytime we try to sing.

You have developed a love of chocolate that I am quite proud of.  :)

You love to have picnics and play dress up.  You love to build towers with your blocks or ride your car around the living room. 

You love to read and color and do arts and crafts projects.

You love to play with your friends and you have gotten really good at asking to take a turn and share toys with your friends.

You know Jesus and you love him.

At the beginning of this letter I said I was going to try and explain how you have changed my life for the better.  And it is better because of all the things I listed above.  The sweet, smart, beautiful girl that you are.  All that you are.  Has changed my life for the better. 

Because of all these things, I know that you are going to be a great big sister. 

I have been nervous, panicked, and excited to add another child to our family.  But I know with the addition of your baby sister- our love and fun will only grow and multiply.

Being an older sister myself, I know and understand the pressure you will feel as you get older.  Please know that we will always love you, your baby sister will love you, and that we are proud of you.

You are my baby.  My first.  My ''big girl". And as this season of our lives change, I know it will be for the better. 

Thank you for being you.

I love you.

Mom

Taking you home from the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment