Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

We have had a very wonderful, very long, Labor Day Weekend. 

It started Thursday night with my South Carolina Gamecocks taking on Texas A&M.  I watched the whole game from my "resting" position on the couch.  Ben told me multiple times that me yelling at the TV was not good for my bed rest, but I just couldn't help it.  I felt so crappy on Thursday that I didn't even wear my Gamecock shirt, but I made sure Ben dressed Elizabeth in her best Gamecock gear.



On Friday, it was another day (and last day) of bed rest.  I spoke with the doctor and I have another appointment this Wednesday for blood work and an ultrasound.  But... she said I could return to activity as long as my pain does not get too bad.

On Saturday morning, I escaped the house for my hair appointment.  I have had this appointment for two months and really did not want to cancel.  I figured I would go and see how it went.  Well... I made it through the appointment and my hair now looks fabulous!

 Before

 During

After

I made it home about 20 minutes before Adam and Brigette arrived.  They came all the way from Pittsburgh to visit for the weekend.  To say Elizabeth was excited to see her aunt and uncle would be the understatement of the year.

We watched Pitt destroy Delaware and enjoyed lunch.   I rested during Elizabeth's nap time and we hung around chatting.  After Elizabeth's nap, we all went over to the playground and basketball court for a little fun.






After Church on Sunday, we enjoyed a picnic lunch at the pool and then relaxing in the water while trying to get Elizabeth into the water.



Sunday night and Monday morning, Elizabeth introduced Uncle Adam and Aunt Brigette to her favorite game- hide and surprise!

 Hide

 Surprise!

Love!!!

Adam and Brigette headed back to Pittsburgh on Monday after brunch with Brigette's brother and sister-in-law (I brought the camera and forgot to take pictures).

Goodbye hugs!

Monday night, there was a neighborhood block party from 4-8pm.  There were so many people and I think everyone had a great time.  The kids ran around playing with toys, riding scooters, and drawing chalk pictures everywhere.  All the adults caught up and enjoyed all the great food everyone brought.

 Elizabeth loved playing horseshoes.

 Action photos :)

So many people!


We are exhausted today from a great weekend and Elizabeth and I are taking our time and enjoying the morning.  We hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment