Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Aluminum or Tin?

So a little back story... I had been googling arts and crafts projects for 2-year-olds when I came across a cute project (that did not involve paint) that Elizabeth could easily work on by herself. 

Since I am stuck in bed, I was trying to come up with something easy she could do and give Ben a little break.  I came across a "reflective art project" and I thought it looked easy enough.

The activity involved cardboard, a reflective surface, tissue paper, and a glue stick.

The activity is called "Aluminum Foil Craft" but then describes you making a tin foil collage.

I thought nothing of this until last night when I asked Ben if he would cover the piece of cardboard in tin foil.  I then said, "the aluminum paper is in the drawer".  Anyone catch the problem here?...

Well, my husband did :)

How can Elizabeth complete a tin foil project if I ask for aluminum paper?

Does anyone else do this?  I use the words interchangeably even though they are two completely different elements.  I had never thought about it before.

So anyway- last night Ben covered a piece of cardboard in aluminum foil and I cut up some strips of tissue paper for Elizabeth.  This morning she used her glue stick and got to work making her "reflective art project".

 The art project materials

 She got right to work

 (notice the pink camera, it's new and goes everywhere)


 We have to stop and take pictures of the progress



 She was concentrating the entire time


The camera is a recommendation from our neighbor Jhena.  
Her daughter has one and Elizabeth became obsessed with it the other day.
So... Ben was nice enough to pick one up for Elizabeth on Monday (at Target) 
and it been by her side every moment since then.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment