Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekend Review: Pennsylvania Vacation

Hello blog friends!  Apologies for being absent a few days last week.  I took an intentional leave-of-absence from the internet during the inauguration weekend AND we went out-of-town to escape all the craziness that comes with inauguration weekend in DC.

We left on Thursday for an extended weekend getaway and we had a great time relaxing with Nana and Pap Pap, eating way too much food, having fun around town, and I tried my best to avoid all the media coverage (positive and negative).

Here is a little look at our weekend:

Friday morning, the girls watched Nana play the piano


And then they played a few notes too!

They had a blast!

We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and a little play time on the playground.  We were about to leave for CFA and the garage door would not go up.  Turns out, the spring had snapped in the middle of the night and our car was stuck in the garage for a bit.  Ben moved the car seats to his dad's car which was on the driveway and Nana and I took the girls to CFA.  Ben and his dad stayed at the house and waited for the repair guys.  Before we got home, the spring had been replaced and the garage door was fixed!
We went bowling Friday afternoon.
This was Caroline's first time to go bowling and she loved it!!

Elizabeth didn't want to use the ramp. :)
She threw the ball by herself every time.



Ben bowled as well :)


Working on her form



Caroline loved watching her ball!


 I did a little bowling too 








LOVE my three!


 Saturday morning we went to the local art museum and I loved all the blown glass!

 So beautiful!


 I loved the wooden sculptures too


 I was loving the art museum, the girls were not.  :)   :(


 Isn't this Tiffany window gorgeous?
 This room reminded me of the Louvre

 Caroline insisted on pushing her stroller, and Elizabeth insisted on being carried.


 I love this painting of George Washington

 Caroline wanted to be in the picture too

 The girls LOVED the kids section and played for awhile




We came back Sunday afternoon and spent the afternoon and evening watching the Falcons and Steelers.  I hope you had a great weekend too!

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment