Tuesday, January 10, 2017

What's cooking?

I'm really trying to get back into making a monthly dinner calendar.  Last year we used it for about half the year and it was so helpful and reduced a lot of stress with meal planning.

We got out of the habit and so I thought I would give it a go for the new year.  I was planning for the rest of January on Sunday and Monday and decided to change up my plan a little.

Instead of assigning a dinner to each night, I came up with a list of twenty dinners to choose from for the month.  Once we make one, we will cross it off the list.  My plan is to pick our dinners for the week on Sunday and buy what we need for those dinners (if we don't already have it).  That way if we feel like having on tacos on Monday and spaghetti on Thursday, it's okay because I already have the ingredients for both.  I also wanted yummy, warm dinners to get us through this cold, cold month.

Here is my January dinner menu:



CROCK POT ITALIAN CHICKEN WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS

CROCK POT GARLIC LEMON CHICKEN

CROCK POT HAWAIIAN CHICKEN

CROCK POT POT ROAST

PANCAKES, BACON, EGGS

TACOS

BAKED SPAGHETTI (we love this recipe)


CROCK POT PORK CHOPS

SLOPPY JOES (we love this recipe from Mix and Match Mama)


 SHEET PAN STEAK AND VEGGIES (PINTEREST)

 Doesn't this sheet pan steak and veggies look so good???

BAKED RAVIOLI (PINTEREST)

PEROGIES

WAFFLES, BACON EGGS

HOME MADE PIZZA

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

TERIYAKI CHICKEN RICE BOWLS (PINTEREST)

 This looks so yummy!

CROCK POT PORK CHOPS

TORTELLINI AND MEATBALLS

TACOS

PASTA AND MEATBALLS


The recipes marked with (PINTEREST) are recipes I have looked up and not printed out yet.  

Most of the crock pot recipes came from here.   On Monday, I purchased ingredients for several of the crock pot meals and went ahead and made them and put them in freezer bags and put them in our chest freezer.  Now I have six dinners already made, I just have to put them in the crock pot around lunch time.

So that sums up our January dinner menu.  I will let y'all know how this plan works out.  I'm not sure if it's better to assign certain dinners to certain nights or wait and see what we are in the mood food.  But, a fun experiment for January! :)

I am always looking for new recipes, so please share any ideas in the comments section.

**DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY ON FRIDAY FOR MY FIRST GIVEAWAY OF 2017**

Happy Tuesday y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment