Tuesday, August 12, 2014

House Update: Dining Room

Ben and I agreed back in March that we would buy a new dining room table as our anniversary gift to ourselves.  We follow the traditional gift guide, and for the 5th year of marriage, the traditional gift is wood. 

Well, we have been searching since March for a table that met the following requirements:
1) I wanted a rectangle-shaped table
2) Dark wood
3) Fit into the space we had in our townhouse

Well... after searching for months with no luck, I finally found a table that met 2 of our 3 requirements.  I was at Sherwin Williams getting paint for baby sister's room and while it was mixing, I walked over to Pier One to look around.  I walked into Pier One and immediately found our table. 

It was dark wood and it fit into the space we had.  But, it was round.  I did not want another round table because I like the look of rectangular tables much more.  However, we had been searching for five months and I was finally willing to trade rectangular for round.

I am still looking for a large painting to go over the bar.  But otherwise, I really like our dining room now.

Below are some pictures of the changes it has been through in 3 1/2 years.

 The day we closed on the house

 Move-in day

A week after move-in

 Last August, Ben and I painted the main floor.
We also moved the china cabinet into the breakfast nook 
and moved the bar into the dining room.
 


 Our new dining room table


 I change out the table runner and the picture from time-to-time.
The wine rack is from my single girl days, but new to the bar.

Another view.

No comments:

Post a Comment