Friday, August 1, 2014

What we have been up to....

This week I have been trying to keep busy (read: Keep Elizabeth busy) and not do the same exact thing every day.  I have not gone to the gym this week (not really feeling like working out) so that has freed up our mornings a lot.

On Monday- I honestly cannot remember what we did.

Tuesday, we spent the morning at Burke Lake Park with our neighbors.  The park is so beautiful and the kids had a wonderful time.  We rode a train, the carousel, played on the playground, and enjoyed a picnic lunch.  It was such a great morning (and I completely forgot to take any pictures).  Thank you Liz, Jhena, and Mama Beng for a relaxing and fun morning!

On Wednesday, we headed to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda.  Well, it was a disaster from the time we pulled into the parking lot.  Elizabeth made it through about 25-30 minutes and then we had to leave the theater.  However, she did enjoy sitting at the Batman video game for about 15 minutes after we left the theater.  She sat there, "driving the car," and did not move.


After playing on the Batman video game, we headed home to meet Ben and Pap Pap for lunch.  Ben's dad was in town on business and we grabbed lunch before he headed back to Pennsylvania.

In the afternoon, we headed to the playground in our neighborhood.  Elizabeth wanted me to slide with her, so of course I did.  I asked her to take a picture with me and this was the result:

 She is saying, "No more cheesing mommy!!!!!"


On Thursday, I thought it would be fun to have breakfast outside.
Just to do something a little different...
 
 I think she enjoyed it :)


After breakfast we headed to a park near our house that has an enclosed playground.  We went a bunch of times last summer, but this was our first visit this summer.  Well, once Elizabeth noticed the lake- she was done playing on the playground.   She stood at the fence for three or four minutes before coming over to me and asking if we could go see the water.  So, of course we did.  :)




This morning, we had a dance party and my little rock star was having a blast.  As you can see, she is a very talented musician because she can sing and play a guitar.  Ha!



We also had a dance party on Thursday afternoon and I got a little video of Elizabeth and her great dance moves!


No comments:

Post a Comment