Monday, August 4, 2014

Mommy, it's a moat!

This morning, Elizabeth and I went to a beautiful park near our house.  We have not been there in over a year and it was so nice to go back.  We stayed for about 45 minutes; walking around and exploring the flower beds, trails, and ponds.  It was such a relaxing morning (and this time I remembered my phone so I could take pictures!).

The first pond we came across had a bunch of ducks, geese, and turtles.  Elizabeth really, really, really wanted to go touch them and I finally convinced her that it was a bad idea.  She also wanted to feed them and asked me about 15 times for some bread.  I don't think you can feed the animals at this park, so I didn't pack any bread for our adventure.




Continuing our walk to the beautiful gazebo.  She loved crossing over a little wooden bridge to get inside the gazebo.


We came upon this pond and Elizabeth turned to me and said, "Mommy this is a moat.  Look at this moat Mommy, isn't it pretty?"

Where does she learn this stuff?



 This turtle just chilled while we examined it.  



 On our way back past the moat, we spotted a second turtle next to our friendly first turtle.


Elizabeth was completely fascinated with the two turtles and we stood there for about five minutes looking at them (and someone trying to touch them).

Hope you had a great day as well!

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment