Monday, August 25, 2014

"Rest"

So... When I woke up this morning I had a sharp pain under my sternum.  It hurt really bad and did not go away.  After waiting 30 minutes to see if it would go away (I think it might be muscular) I called the doctor.

While on the phone with the nurse, I sent Ben a text to let him know what was going on (he had been at work about 15 minutes after commuting for an hour).

After talking to the nurse I learned they wanted me to come in and scheduled an appointment for 10:20am.  So...poor Ben got back in his car and drove over an hour back to our house.

Ben and Elizabeth drove me to the doctor where I spent two hours getting fetal monitoring, ultrasounds, blood draws, and for good measure- my temperature taken.

At the end of all this- the baby looks good (super cute nose, I think), and all other pregnancy stuff looks good (uterus, etc).  But they don't know what is causing the sharp pain (that is still there).

So...I have been told to rest, stay in bed, lay on my side, and not chase after my 2-year-old for the rest of the week.

So...I've been in bed for the past three hours and I'm already super bored.

My view for the day

By my bedside:
Fan, ice water with lemon
For entertainment: Sudoku and my kindle

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment