Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ankle Injury Update: Part Five

On Monday, I had my follow-up to my follow-up appointment with the orthopedic department.  After another examination of my ankle and a conference between the nurse practitioner and the orthopedic physician we all agreed on several things.

1. I would move from the boot to an ankle brace (they started worrying about me getting blood clots)
2. I need to start physical therapy
3. I need to get an MRI (to rule out a high ankle sprain and/or damage to my Achilles)
4. I need to follow-up with the podiatry department

So...

I was given an ankle brace:



I started physical therapy on Monday (after my orthopedic appointment) and I am going twice a week.  The physical therapist applied the tape to provide additional support after my session.  I had to wear it for 24 hours.




My MRI is scheduled for Friday.

I meet with podiatry next Friday.

I am hoping for 6-8 weeks of physical therapy and then I am hoping to get into the pool to start running therapy after that.  We shall see how it goes and just keep hoping and praying for the best.

Happy Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment