Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl 2015

Ben and I love to throw parties and welcome people into our home.  When I say love, I mean love.  It makes me so happy to make our friends and family happy by having them in our home and enjoying time together.  With that being said, we closed our home to guests on Super Bowl Sunday after the 2011 Super Bowl.

You see, we had an incident.  On February 6, 2011, the Pittsburgh Steelers were playing the Green Bay Packers.  And, with two minutes left in the game, a guest at our party grabbed the remote, paused the game, and got in a fight with her husband over DVRing Glee.

My husband is from Pittsburgh.

The Steelers lost 31-25.

We have not hosted people since.

But tonight, we invited our cousins over to watch the game.  I was so happy to see them as Jessica and I have been occupied with our individual reasons for being stuck at home.

Ben and I made a ton of food.  We all watched football.  And no one paused the game with two minutes left.

 Our table of food.
Homemade chili, chocolate chip cookies, queso, homemade bread, 
french fries, potato skins, and M&Ms.



 And we also had deep fried appetizers: mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets, and ravioli

 Ben, Jessica, and Noah

I am so happy my team won the game!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment