Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A few new recipes...

I have tried a few new recipes in the past couple of weeks and wanted to share the tasty goodness with all of you!  Sometimes I totally fail in the kitchen (pancakes are not my jam) and sometimes I come up with something good.  Here is a look at some of the good :)

1.BBQ Pineapple chicken (in the crock pot)

I didn't really measure anything for this recipe so these are my best estimates.
I put in enough chicken for my family (6 chicken tenders).
I placed the chicken in the crock pot.
I opened a new bottle of bbq sauce and put in enough to cover all the chicken.
I dumped in the entire can of pineapple chunks (liquid too).  I used a 20oz can of pineapple chunks.
Cooked on low for 4-5 hours.
The sides are white rice and garlic pepper green beans.

2. Chocolate chocolate trifle

I looked at a few trifle recipes before creating my own for this recipe. 
The layers:
Elizabeth and I made a chocolate cake in the morning.  We used a Betty Crocker cake mix and followed the recipe on the box.
Once the cake was completely cooled, we made the chocolate pudding.
I  used 2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding.  I made the pudding according to the recipe on the box.
The third layer is cool whip (I used two 9oz containers). 

To make:
The bottom layer is cake, I cut up pieces of cake and placed them into the bottom of the trifle bowl until the bottom was covered in cake.
The next layer is chocolate pudding.  I spooned it into the dish until all of the cake was covered in chocolate pudding.
The next layer is cool whip.  I spooned it into the dish until all of the pudding was covered in cool whip.
I  repeated these steps one more time.


3. Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Ben got me this very fancy blender for my birthday and I finally used it. :)

Banana, strawberries, yogurt, and milk- so easy!

Yummy!

This recipe comes from 500 smoothies and juices.  I made this as a snack for the girls, but it would be great for breakfast too!
1 banana peeled and quartered
1 cup strawberries, hulled (I used frozen strawberries and they worked great)
1/ 2 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I used vanilla and it tasted great)
1/4 cup milk

Put all ingredients in a blender.  Blend for 1 minute or until smooth. 

4. Beef stew


I used this recipe to make our beef stew.  The only thing I didn't add was the celery.

Happy cooking!

And... Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment