Thursday, January 28, 2016

A day in the life of this stay-at-home-momma

Our days move so quickly that I wanted to stop and take note of what they are like.  I know in a few years, both girls will be in school and we will have a completely different kind of "busy".  So... here is what our day (sometimes) looks like:

 I slept in!
I'm usually up between 6-6:30 depending on our day.

 I always make our bed before I leave our room.
I feel like I have accomplished something before the day has really started. :)

I like to get some house work done before the girls get up.  I also try to finish up my blog post for the day.  If I can get a couple of things accomplished before they get up, then I feel much less anxious and much more productive in my day.

 Working on the blog.
I usually write my posts a day in advance and then post them in the morning.

 And empty the dishwasher... 
I like to start the day with everything put away.

 The girls get up around 8 and I bring them down for breakfast.
Depending on our plans, I let them stay in pajamas or we all great dressed before coming downstairs.
This was a pajama day :)

 Supposed to be at the gym at 9:30, so we are a little late...
but my class starts at 9:45, so plenty of time :)

And it was freezing that morning!!

 It's 12pm and time for lunch!
Once we got back from the gym, we played in the living room until it was time to eat.

  While the girls had nap time/ rest time, I cleaned the main floor and entry way.
Then I finally took a shower!
And... at 2:35pm, I was finally "dressed" for the day.

 Real clothes and jewelry!

After rest time, I took the girls to the little gym so Elizabeth could do the extra preschool class.
I had counted on the gym being closed during the blizzard, so I brought her early.
And I was right, the gym was closed during the blizzard. :)

 After the gym, it was snack time!
This is about 4:30pm and these girls are in silly mode.


I need caffeine and chocolate to make it to bed time :)

 After snacks, Elizabeth wanted to take selfies

 Then she tried to take pictures of Caroline...


 We did puzzles, blocks, and read a TON of books before dinner time

 This was a day Ben was at the office, so the girls had dinner at 6.
Caroline went to bed at 6:30 and Elizabeth went to bed at 7:30.

 When Ben got home we had dinner and then spent 20 minutes relaxing (and blogging)

 If I'm at home, I usually have my robe on :)

 I made us cocktails

And we watched NCIS

We usually go to bed around 11 and then do it all over again the next day.
Thanks for stopping by and checking in on our day.

Happy Thursday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment