Hi! I'm Abby and the proud mommy of these two fabulous girls! Caroline is 15 months and Elizabeth will be 4 in February. I first started blogging a few months after I got married in 2009 so that family and friends could keep up with our adventures in DC. Now I enjoy blogging about mom life, running, recipes, couponing, decorating for holidays, and the adventures of being a family of four. Thank you for stopping by and please follow me (on the right side of my blog).
I am the proud wife to this hunky guy, Ben. Together, we handle these two silly, funny, beautiful girls while living in the suburbs on Washington, DC.
Since I had Caroline, I became a stay-at-home-mom. Before I was a stay-at-home-mom, I was a Health and PE Teacher for 7th and 8th graders in Northern Virginia.
And... BEFORE I was a PE teacher, I was an athletic trainer. My favorite sport to work is football and I definitely miss being on the sidelines on game day.
In addition to all that, you should know I love to run, drink wine, and travel to new places. I believe in the Lord and have accepted Jesus as my Savior. I love my family and I am looking forward to many great adventures in 2016!
And yesterday, I blogged about my resolutions, but here they are again!
I am a person that likes making resolutions!
I like lists, organization, and detail.
I LOVE crossing things off my lists.
It gives me a sense of accomplishment!
So... that is why I make resolutions every year. This year, I took a few days to think about exactly what I want to accomplish this year. I believe a new year, means a new start and that is how I am approaching this year- a new, fresh start!!
Who says you can't start fresh? Not me!
When I was looking online for pictures and memes to post. The one below immediately caught my eye and I am going to try to make it my mantra for the entire year:
I was pretty down in the dumps in 2015 and so I vow to do more of what makes me happy in 2016.
I want to spend more times with friends and family.
More time enjoying good wine.
More time traveling to new places.
And more time relaxing.
Those are just a handful of things that make me happy and I plan on focusing on those in 2016.
So... here are my resolutions:
1. Find the happy. Keep the happy.
2. Become more giving- watching other people's kids, donating to charity, volunteering. I did a few of these things in 2015 and they really made me happy, so I want to do this more often in 2016.
4. Travel more to see family and friends. AND... travel to new places. I have such wonderful memories of traveling the country as a kid, and I was to give my daughters similar memories. I think it is important to travel and see the world- it is much bigger than you realize.
5. Wine. I like wine. I even appreciate a good wine. I want to spend (some time) in 2016 enjoying good wine. :)
6. Remember other people. It is way to easy to get caught up in my life and what is going on in my house. I want to work this year to be a better daughter, sister, wife, and friend to those around me.
What I mean is- I am the person that remembers someone is sick and forgets to ask if they are feeling better. I see an e-mail on my phone and forget to e-mail someone back. I just want to be more aware and encouraging to those around me.
7. And lastly- my financial/home goals- these are family goals:
Increase our emergency savings by 10%
Replace the carpet in our living room
Replace our decking
Paint our ceilings
Get passports for Ben, Elizabeth, and Caroline
Put new curtains in the master bathroom
Put curtains in the master bedroom
Thanks again for stopping by! I hope you have a great start to 2016!
Happy Tuesday y'all!