Saturday, April 18, 2015

A week of dinners...

The second* most common question I get asked about my couponing is how I plan our meals/make healthy meals/ organize our meals with the food we freeze/stockpile.

(*The first most common question I get about couponing is how long does it take me)

So, this week I took pictures of each of our dinners to break down what a week of dinners looks like for us.

Sunday- We opened grilling season with steaks, mash potatoes, and salad.

The steaks we had in the freezer, the potatoes were left over from Easter, and the salad I bought earlier that day.

 

Monday- We had grilled teriyaki chicken, honey glazed carrots, and rice.

The chicken tenders I bought in bulk from BJs.  When I get home, I open the bag and separate the tenders into ziploc freezer bags for individual meals.  I usually get 5-6 meals from the bag of tenders.
The carrots I got at the store with my Sunday shopping and prepared in the crockpot. 
The rice is a staple in my pantry.


Tuesday- Meatloaf muffins, roasted garlic potatoes, and honey glazed carrots.

The meatloaf muffins I made a few weeks ago and froze.  I made 18 in my last batch.  Ben and I eat four total a meal, so that made 4 1/2 dinners.
The potatoes were left over from Easter, so I roasted them for dinner.
The carrots were left over from Monday.


Wednesday- Homemade cheese pizza and salad.

The pizza we had all the ingredients for and the salad I bought during my Sunday shopping.


Thursday and Friday-  We had left over pizza and salad.  When Ben makes pizza dough, it makes enough for two pizzas.  We usually make pizza on Friday and have it for the weekend, but I was craving it earlier in the week.  It saved me from making dinner and who doesn't love pizza?  :)

Tasty treat-Strawberry Pudding Pie

I try to bake or make some sort of special dessert once a week. 
I do this for a couple of reasons:
(1) Who doesn't like dessert?
(2) I want to expand my recipe list/ knowledge
(3) I have started enjoying cooking and baking



I hope you are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment