Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend trip to Columbia, SC!

Thursday morning I headed out bright and early for a solo trip to my college town.  I have been trying to get back to Columbia for awhile and finally got the trip planned once we knew the government was not closing down.  It's a 6 1/2 hour drive and turns into a 7 hour drive once you stop a few times, but I made it and I am so glad I got to see some of my favorite people!

Thursday when I got into town, I headed over to Dana's house.  We were college roommates junior and senior years in a little house in Columbia and we had the best time.  She and her husband, Jeff, moved to a fabulous house over  two years ago and I have never seen it so that was my first stop.  They also have the cutest little boy, Heath, and he turns two in November.  I had never met Heath either, so I was over the moon to meet him.  BTW- he is awesome/ fabulous/ and super duper cute!

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures at Dana's house so I don't have any to post.  But Dana- I am totally hiring you to decorate my next house.  :)

I got back in the car to head to Stacy's house and the 18-minute drive took over 1 1/2 hours.  So many roads are closed around Columbia that with rush hour traffic, trying to go anywhere is a nightmare.  I made it to Stacy's house around 6pm and we relaxed with the kids and hung around the house the rest of the evening.

Friday morning, I taught Ellie how to take selfies before she had to leave for school.

 We decided JP should get in on the selfie action, but he wanted to sleep

 While Stacy was dropping off and picking up the older kids at school, she ran by Publix and grabbed us Publix subs for lunch.

 Friday afternoon, Ellie helped me take some food down to the Harvest Hope Food Bank and when we pulled in, she was sound asleep!  Half a day of preschool wears a girl out.

And... on our way home, I ran into my first closed road.
You can't really tell from this picture, but on the right- the road just fell away 
and now there is a big hole

 Friday afternoon we played A LOT in the backyard

 Emmie and Ellie LOVE to swing!

 Friday night; Stacy, Dana, and I went to Solstice for dinner.
It was the BEST meal I have had in a really long time.
We enjoyed multiple courses, cocktails, a complimentary bisque from the chef, and had a ton of fun catching up and enjoying a meal without chasing kids around.
Thank you ladies for such a fun night!

 Friday after dinner, we hung out watching TV and Franklin insisted on hanging with me

End of the night with Paul, Stacy, and JP

 Saturday morning, the big girls went to birthday parties, so Stacy and I took Ruthie and JP out to breakfast.
Roo was enjoying my cell phone while we waited for our food

 She takes great selfies!  :)

 Saturday afternoon we went for a walk and Ellie wanted to take some pictures when we got back.

 3 out of 4 kids... not bad :)

 I love these three!

 JP sleeps a lot
I guess being 3 weeks old is hard work, but he does it well :)

 He got tired of sleeping on me, so he took a turn sleeping on his mommy

In the afternoon, the big girls went to the football game with Paul so Ruthie and I had some fun taking more pictures.  Selfies for the win!

 Love those curls!

 And that smile :)

Paul relaxing Saturday night

Paul and the girls left at half time on Saturday so we all enjoyed hanging out Saturday night.  Once the kids were in bed, I made us ice cream sundaes and we watched a little football.  I got up at 6:30am on Sunday and headed back to DC.  

Thank you Stacy and Paul for letting me come visit (and meet two of your kids for the first time) and help around the house for a few days.  I had a great time!

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment